Venture Desktop — Episode 1
Welcome to Venture Desktop, a new weekly audio(ish) thing I am trying out where I look back at all the stuff I worked on over the last week and try to pull out some learnings from what I am picking on the ground as I think about, invest in, and work with companies that are building the future of work, wellness, media, cities, and industry.
It is not long form, but it is a deep dive and if you are interested in or work in the areas mentioned above, I think you will find it valuable. Below the video, you can find all of the links I went through in the recording.
This week, I dive deep on Spotify, the exploding audio market, and a concept called Business Model Leverage.
Spotify, the audio market, and business model leverage
- Maffei — “When you sum it, we believe the ear is under-monetized versus the eye.“
- “Audio…Liberty still loves you” (Sirius XM / Liberty Media Investor Day)
- Greg Maffei on CNBC
- Pandora — “We want a bigger Share of Ear in the expanding Audio Day“
- Gavin Baker — Monetization follow attention and engagement.
- Nicola Korzenko (Podfund)
- The Podcast Monetization Gap
- Spotify Q3 2019
- Business Model Leverage
- BAML Research on Podcasts
- Blending genres of audio…