Every Friday, I send out a letter — sometimes an essay, sometimes a video, sometimes a podcast — called Venture Desktop, which explores key threads I am picking up on the ground as I think about, invest in, and work with companies that are shaping the rapidly changing world that we live in. You can sign up here.
I am based in Paris and am a venture investor with a firm called TechNexus. Prior to investing, I held startups roles across business development, product, and marketing with companies in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, and Bangalore.
I cross-post all of my essays here on my website, which you can read below.
- The State of Consumer SaaS
- The Rise of Creator Led Media Companies
- Spotify, Audio, and Business Model Leverage
- The Professionalizing Creator Class
- The Consumer Subscription Roll-Up Opportunity
- The AirPods Industrial Complex
- Resisting the Institutional Imperative
- Assets that do not earn
- Creative Compounding
- Building Bolligen Tower
I’m on Twitter @brettbivens or email me at brett.bivens [at] gmail.com.